Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Challenged Accepted!

So here are a few of my submissions for a challenge hosted by Kathryn on The Scrapbeach Blog. Click HERE for more info.

Entry #1 - A Thank you card. I played with alcohol ink on glossy cardstock. FINALLY! Love it! I have been wanting to try this technique ever since I saw Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking videos! So awesome.



Supplies: Ranger Alcohol ink - Butterscotch, cranberry & stream
Ranger Blending solution
Ranger glossy cardstock
Papertrey Ink: Vintage cream cardstock, vintage cream ribbon
stamps: Hero Arts & Tim Holtz

Entry #2 - Here is a 6 x 6 simple layout using some maroon cardstock. I played with some smooch spritz.



Supplies: Bazzil Cardstock
7 Gypsies script patterned paper
Prima flower & bling
Distress Ink: Wild honey, rusty hinge, vintage photo
Stamps: Tim Holtz

Entry #3 - My favorite! I made a tag for Finn's mini album. I love the color combo, love the way it turned out. This is why I love these challenges. I would probably have never tried this color combo but dangle a free paper pad and stamp set in front of my nose and I'll try anything! LOL! Anyway, this is so cute and I love the Prince Finn idea and am just thrilled with how this tag will match the Max & whiskers paper I am going to use for the mini! Yay! What do you know, sometimes the stars do align for me after all!



Supplies: manilla tag
Ranger Distress inks: Wild honey, rusty hinge, aged mahogany
Ranger Distress stickles: vintage photo
Colorbox fluid chalk ink: chestnut roan
Fibers
Grungeboard: alphas and crown
Dress up buttons from Michaels - cat theme
Stamp: Hero Arts Ledger

Thanks Kathryn for introducing me to this great color combo and for offering a prize to boot! You rock!

2 comments:

  1. I love the color combos also...esp. the kitty tag - I need to make a mini-book for our boy Mr. Pickles =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. all 3 are beautiful projects.
    Be careful with that alcohol ink, it's addicting (pun intended, lol)
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete