Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Foliage!

Living in New Hampshire is so great this time of year! Why? Foliage! I love when the trees change. I was driving the other day with my hubby and was just mesmerized by the leaves. I have the Falling leaves stamp set by Tim Holtz and ever since I got it I have been looking at the trees in a whole new way. I have been seeing the leaves in terms of which Distress inks I will recreate them with using that stamp. For instance:

Do you see Mustard Seed and Wild Honey?


Do you see Barn Door or Fired Brick?


What about Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters?


And of course my Favorite - How about the Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick?!?


So fun right? I have always said that Foliage is the only time when death is beautiful. Truly a wonder and almost magical. I just love taking drives around this time of year whether it's to the store or all the way to Vermont. It is like looking at fireworks without the noise. Peaceful beauty. OK, you get the point - I love the foliage!

This video is of a card I made for a friend. I used a Cover a Card stamp from Impression Obsession called Branches for the background. The cardstock and ribbon is from Papertrey Ink. It's a simple card but I think it turned out great. I only wish I had a label punch so it would look a bit more finished but all things in time right? You make do with what you have! Anyway, I hope you like it! Do you have foliage near you?

1 comment: