Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hello and Welcome!

OK, My very FIRST blog entry! I have been wanting to start one of these for a while now so...here we go!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Amy. I have been married a little over a year now and I am loving every minute of it! Dave (my husband) and I met in college. We were both math majors and fell in LOVE! We dated for 8 1/2 years before he popped the big question. We were married during a destination wedding last year in Las Vegas at the Venetian Hotel. It was fabulous!

I have always saved things, even when I was small. I would keep old cigar boxes of memories. I guess I was always destined to scrapbook! However, during the planning of the wedding, I began saving every little thing that was even remotely sentimental. Maybe it was because my mom and dad eloped, she doesn't even have a wedding picture of her and my dad. I saved everything just in case, in the hopes of making a scrapbook.

I made a lot of things for the wedding myself. (including homemade playing card boxes, table numbers, menu stands, etc.) Needless to say, I spent a lot of time at Michaels and AC Moore collecting scrapbook supplies...THE OBSESSION BEGINS!

Once I saw all the amazing products out there I got very excited. After the wedding, I started watching YouTube videos of people making cards and layouts and showing how to do different techniques and use all kinds of tools. I was hooked! I didn't want to screw up my wedding scrapbook so I took some time just learning from all the crafters out there who are kind enough to share their creations.

I received a Cricut "Baby Bug" machine for Christmas last year and by then I was ready to begin. I have made a few pages but still have a bunch more to complete. My goal is to have my wedding scrapbook finished this summer along with some other projects I have planned.

So, now this is where you come in. Being a scrapbook "Newbie", I still have alot to learn and want to invite you to learn with me, teach me, and maybe I'll even show you something new. Anything is possible. I am so excited to start lets get started!

1 comment:

  1. I'm speachless . . . yet ready to comment. I too was involved in a wedding in Vegas just about a year ago. My one and only math major daughter had a destination wedding there. She too married a math major named Dave (does any of this sound familier?).

    Ha, Ha, Ha! It's your Dad commenting on your blog. I have never read a blog before but I hope you enjoy this new adventure. I'll check in from time to time to see what you're up to. Since you told me others will be reading this stuff, I better keep it short and sweet. Good luck with your blog and scrapbooking.

    Oh, enjoyed my B-day card. Especially the part where the golf ball moves across the card . . . really neat.

    IDWYFN,

    L-Dad
    (Yes Dad . . . Daddy always costs me money)

    ReplyDelete