Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mini Scrapbook Haul - Big Lots

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining me today! I took another blogger's advice and checked out Big Lots. I was pleasantly surprised! She said they had Thickers there for $2.00 - She was right! I got 8 packs!!! In this video I show a few other finds from my successful trip. I do have to warn that they spread their stuff around. I found some of the things with the paper and gift wrap. The other finds were all the way across the store with the kids coloring stuff and books. So take a look around the whole store and keep those peepers on the alert for Scrap goodies!!! This is also a great place to get cheap organizational items. I found these canvas tubs for my Alpha stickers (including my new thickers) Check to see if they have spice racks for sale (for brads, eyelets, etc.) They had cute baskets that could also be used for supplies and they were pretty cheap as well!



I am always on the look out for a bargin!! There are so many great ways to save and still get amazing supplies. Here are a few ways I have found so far:

1) Utilize your coupons. I ALWAYS have printed Michaels, AC Moore & JoAnn Fabric coupns in my car. I print them in the beginning of the week and that way if I have something to get I have a coupon. I will also space out trips. I will go 3 times in one week just to get 40-50% off 3 things instead of just one! That is where the printable coupons help because you can print as many as you want! Just search printable Michaels's coupons in you web browser and a bunch of websites will pop up. I have had no problems using www.dealigg.com. They have coupons for AC Moore and JoAnn's too.

2) Deal of the day. Two Peas in a Bucket has a deal of the day. This is one product per day that is discounted by 40-75% off! It might not always be something you are interested in, but when it is it can be a great way to save!

3) One item per day websites. There are a few websites such as Peachy Cheap that sell one item a day at huge discounts and when they run out, they run out. This is hit or miss but a great place to check out for great deals.

4) Dollar stores - Hit or miss as well but I have found great things here!

5) Dollarscrapbooking.net - This is a website that has just about everthing for between $1-2. Most os the stuff is discontinued but they do have a few lines where you can get brads, ribbon, stickers, rubons, etc. all within the same line for super cheap!! A great place to get supplies for mini books.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my mini haul! Please leave comments and let me know if there are any projects you would like me to attempt!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I love to watch your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa!! Yeah.. that was some awesome info!! THANKS SO MUCH For sharing it!!!:)
    and thanks for commenting on my blog about my boys :) how many kids do YOU WANT!!?
    HEHEH

    ReplyDelete