Monday, August 9, 2010

Bubbly Birthday Card!




Ok so happy Monday everyone! Today I am sharing a card made for my nephew's Birthday. He is now 5 years old. I wanted to make him a card that he would love. He is a super swimmer and has a fish in his room. I decided to break out my "Sushi Bowl Party" stamp set from Stampendeous. I love how cute it turned out.

I used some watercolor paper to stamp my images. I cut a wave out of computer paper and used it to mask the top of the fishbowl as I inked it blue. I colored all of the images with Distress inks and a blender pen. I added some stickles to the cupcake icing and some faux stiching to finish off the card.

My favorite part of this card are the bubble strings on the balloons. I hope you like it! He did, which made the 2 hours worth it!

Some might call me crazy to spend that time making a 5yr old a card - I call it being a great crafty aunt!

Hope you like it! Blogiversary week 2 has officially begun!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment