Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grungeboard Series: Ink

So, now let's get inky! Now we get to start having fun. I start out showing the differences in how chipboard and grungeboard take inks. I first compare them both using Glimmer Mist. I love how well grungeboard takes the mists. It doesn't warp or split, it is even coverage and did I mention it doesn't warp???

Next, I tried the Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink. I think both the chipboard and grunge took the ink about the same. I love how opaque this ink is!

Lastly I had to use the distress inks! I think they both took that very well too. You will notice I talked a bit about the texture of grunge. I love adding texture to a project so this is great for me. I am just trying to show the difference between chipboard and grunge because it's a question that I am often asked.






Now onto actual techniques!!! First up: Double Distress

This is super easy to do and looks Awesome! You can do this technique on cardstock as well. Start off by embossing your grungeboard. Then pick two colors of ink. Ink the grunge in the lighter of the two with a blending tool. Next, just drag the darker ink directly over top so only the raised portions get inked. You can do this with tone on tone colors, contrasting colors - the possibilities are endless! Just experiment and have fun! Note: After the video I added some chipped sapphire to the edges of the double distress page and added an embellishment to one of the grunge pieces.















The mini I am using is the Tim Holtz Grungeboard Bracket Book. It is Awesome!

Here are the other products I used in the videos:
Inking Video:
~Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Red Velvet
~Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink: Olive Pastel
~Ranger Distress Ink: Pine Needles
~Tim Holtz blending tool with foam

Double Distress Video:
~Grungeboard Plain Shapes
~Grungeboard Bracket Album
~Tim Holtz Texture Fades: Bingo, Dot Matrix
~Ranger Distress Ink: Weathered Wood, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany

1 comment:

  1. This was very cool! I really loved the look! Thanks so much for the great lesson!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete