Friday, August 6, 2010
Here is my go to summer dessert recipe. It is super yummy. I think you all will love it!
* 1 1/2 pounds (about 6 cups) fresh strawberries
* 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for dusting
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup milk
* Whipped Cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make the sweetened strawberries: Hull and quarter strawberries; toss in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup sugar. Let stand until syrupy, tossing occasionally, at least 20 minutes (and up to 1 day, covered and refrigerated).
2. In a food processor, combine flour, butter, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk; pulse just until moistened, 4 or 5 times. Do not overprocess.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; with floured hands, gently pat dough into a 4-by-8-inch rectangle.
4. Dust a large knife with flour; cut dough into 8 squares. Transfer to a baking sheet; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes; cool on baking sheet. To serve, split biscuits with a serrated knife; layer with berries and whipped cream.
Give it a try! Have a great weekend. I hope you guys are enjoying the Blogiversary so far. I will be back on Monday. Have a great weekend!